Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mother-in-law

Now, before my own mother-in-law takes this as an insult, I need to explain the reason behind the name. It has nothing to do with my wonderful mother-in-law ( I swear!). In-laws are rumored to be over-bearing at times, even meddling. This tree creeping into the barn's space makes me think of in-laws.

This is a top five picture for me for a few reasons. First of all, I found it while out looking for pictures. I shot this site three or four times before I found this angle on this dreary day in the fall. And, I am most proud because when I went back for more shots, the barn was gone. They tore it down.

Because I found this barn less than three miles from my house, worked at getting it right and captured it before it was too late, it has a special place in my collection. My awareness that I did not have it the first few times served me well. Regret is no fun and I would have had some had I left this alone after my first shots. I knew there was something there.

I should go back and take the empty lot picture.


... Nah, I don't need to. I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.