Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spring Training


Lakeland Florida. I hopped the fence, went into the dugout and while sitting there, I noticed this leftover ball from the previous night's game under the bench. My photo subject showed up on cue again. The dozens of picutres of the beautiful field and the surroundings pale in comparison to this classic shot.
Baseball fields are a refuge for me. AfterI graduated from high school, I would often go out to the high school baseball field I played on when I came home from college. To this day, if I am on a run and there are kids playing ball I often stop and soak it up for minute.
A well manacured field on a peaceful day helps me clear my head. This picture was taken on the morning of that I captured "The bird" and met Ruby C. Williams in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.