Thursday, October 1, 2009

Detroit for a Day


In the summer of 2008, I drove down to Detroit on a Tuesday morning and spent the day taking pictures. I found plenty of subjects and really tried to "see" the city that I had only visited for Detroit Tigers baseball games.

I was in Detroit for about seven hours and I look forward to my next visit on my own with my camera. Unfortunately, this tough city is even tougher now since the unemployment rate is inching toward 25%, which is the same figure (25%) that represents the high school graduation rate in the city. I know Detroit is not all bad and with the addition of some more pictures to this blog, I hope to show that.

If you look closely, you can see bullet holes in the Sam's sign.

1 comment:

  1. Next summer you'll have to take Kavaun down to the waterfront -- he'll love the fountains along the water behind the Renaissance Center (and so will you). AND there's a great ice cream/candy shop just inside. We had a great picnic there last spring!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.