Thursday, October 1, 2009

Family ties


August. M-57 near Fulton, Michigan. A great drive with my son on our way to a small town baseball game.
This picture was one of those ones where I drove by and kept going for about a mile and then decided I had better turn around for another look. I had a feeling that the tractor might look better in a framed photograph than it did in the vast wide open space.
My instinct was right. In some weird way this picture represents a small part of who I am. It ties me to the Gregory side of my family even though I have never driven a tractor, bailed hay, milked a cow or done any farm work. My life does not resemble life on the farm and most assuredly never will, but somehow I continue to think that is part of who I am.
Funny how a simple photo can say so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.